A holiday to remember for couples or small families.
Summerhays Cottage, Cape Woolamai, Phillip Island, Australia, offers self-contained motel style accommodation in a spacious cottage bordered by a tranquil garden with a large deck area. It is close to beaches, nature walks, Churchill Island, San Remo, Newhaven, Rhyll, Cowes and many other sites and activities. Perfect for two; just right for two + one.
Need more space? Ask about our house.
A charming cottage with bedroom area, kitchenette, separate bathroom/toilet, separate sitting room, several deck areas, BBQ, separate laundry and a delightful, shady garden.
Summerhays Cottage is central for swimming, surfing, fishing, boating, walking, exploring, shopping, or just reading and relaxing in the garden.
- Bedroom area
- Queen bed with side tables and lamps
- Single bed
- Folding cot (on request)
- All bed linen, pillows etc.
- Reverse cycle airconditioning
- Additional fan & heater
- Table & chairs for 2 or 3
- Fridge, sink, dish washing materials, tea towel & hand towel
- Electric jug, toaster, microwave, sandwich maker
- Crockery, cutlery, glasses etc.
- Tea, coffee, sugar - byo food
- Bathroom area
- Towels - byo toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Sitting room
- Free to air digital TV (not Foxtel) and DVD player.
- Coffee table
- Variety of deck furniture
- Laundry with washing machine, pegs, brooms etc.
To help us keep Summerhays Cottage as you would like to find it, we ask that:
- 3 minutes walk from safety beaches
- 4 minutes walk from local shops
- 10 minutes walk from the Chocolate Factory & Phillip Island Tourist Information Centre
- 5 minutes drive from Cape Woolamai surf beaches and nature walks
- 5 minutes drive, or 30-45 minutes walk, from Churchill Island, Newhaven & San Remo
- 15 - 20 minutes drive in one direction to Wonthaggi and in the other direction to anywhere on the island.
- You don't smoke anywhere on the property.
- You don't bring any pets.
- You are respectful of our neighbours' right to a quiet night's sleep.
- You place your rubbish in the bins.
- Peak Season
Monday prior to Motorcycle GP weekend through to Sunday after Easter.
- Peak 17/18
Monday 16/10/2017 to Sunday 08/04/2018
- Minimum stay two nights. Total paid in advance by EFT or cheque.
- Children under 3 - free, children 3 to 12 - $20 per night
- A bond may be required in some circumstances.
- We reserve the right to change prices, details and information at any time without notice.
- Payment implies acceptance of our terms and conditions.
- Directions and access details will be emailed or posted on receipt of payment.
- Sample rates based on a couple.
- Please ask about other possibilities.
- One queen, one single, room for a cot.
- First 2 nights - $320, additional nights - $90, 7 nights - $680
- First 2 nights - $240, additional nights - $80, 7 nights - $560
- Sample rates based on 2 adults + 2 children.
- Please ask about other possibilities.
- Two queen, two as bunk, can sleep up to 8 under some circumstances.
- First 2 nights - $440, additional nights - $140, 7 nights - $1000
- First 2 nights - $360, additional nights - $130, 7 nights - $780
Your host & hostess:
- Thank you Doug and Ina for a lovely stay at Summerhays Cottage. We really loved our stay in this lovely place.
Christie & Ben, Melbourne
- Thanks for your welcome! We have had a lovely time at Summerhays Cottage.
Sue & Steve, Adelaide
- We enjoyed our stay. Lovely, clean cottage. They could not have made us feel more welcome. Thanks.
Karen, Stephen & Abby, Melbourne
- Great place. Cozy and clean. Thank you so much.
Dan & Tyler, Melbourne
- Lovely, clean cottage with everything provided. Thanks Ina & Doug.
Renate & David, Melbourne
- We wanted to say thank you for the opportunity you have given us to stay in your lovely cottage. We enjoyed our stay. Dear Ina and Doug thanks for everything.
Slobodan & Darinka, Melbourne
- Loved the peaceful garden setting. Thanks Doug & Ina. A very pleasant stay. Everything we needed.
Valerie & Gary, England
- Just wanted to say thank you so much for our lovely stay in your beautiful cottage. Your thorough information and attention to detail made for a very comfortable and pleasant weekend.
Tracy & Hugh, Point Lonsdale
- The place is really clean and Doug is a great host. Only thing is that we live in their backyard and need to walk past their house as we get in, so there wasn't as much privacy as we would've loved. Also to note there is no wifi, but if you are here purely for a weekend away from the hustle and bustle of city life, then this is perfect.
Kerr Kay & Ming, Melbourne
- Thank you Doug & Ina. A perfect little cottage, beautifully decorated! We thoroughly enjoyed our little break away. Highly recommended. Loved the peaceful garden setting.
Robyn & Glenda, Melbourne
- Thank you for a lovely time. Very accommodating! Will recommend and hopefully return soon. Thank you very much : )
Stefani & Adrian, Cheltenham
- We had a fantastic time staying at the cottage. Lovely walks on the 'island'. Thank you.
Jenny & Steve, Lysterfield
- Comfortable and very organised with good attention to detail. Made everything very easy. Location near shops and to amazing beaches.
Jack, Sylvania, NSW
- Thank you for a wonderful place to relax, tune out and enjoy. What a blessing.
Sue & Max, Langwarrin
- Had a lovely stay. Your little cottage is perfect, hopefully we will be back.
John & Anne, Wagga Wagga
- A superb and sublime place for respite. Thank you.
- Thank you for a comfortable, relaxing and very welcoming stay. God bless you!
Caleb, Zvaka & Joni, Melbourne
- Thank you for having us Doug. We had a wonderful time. Take care.
- Thank you Doug and Ina for a wonderful stay in your little cottage - it was perfect!
Jordan & Fraser, Melbourne
- Doug and Ina with our thanks for a quiet time in such a lovely setting, thoughtfully planned.
Alison & David, Melbourne
- Thank you Doug and Ina for a wonderful stay and for making us feel so welcome. We've loved our weekend away from the big smoke. The cottage is perfect. You were very thoughtful with toys and change mat for Mia - made us feel very at home. Wonderful. THANKS.
Murray, Emily & Mia, Melbourne
- My friend and I had a great time on the Island over the weekend and found the cottage great for what we needed. The weather was not so good, but being at the MotoGP was a treat.
- Thank you for having us. We had a lovely weekend and enjoyed our stay in your cottage.
Margaret & Ray, Warragul
- Thank you so much! We had a wonderful time! We will come again.
Lynda, Toby, Rebecca & James
- Thanks to you and Ina for providing a great base for our weekend.
Paul & Jenni, Brighton
- We all had an enjoyable stay. Thanks again for making it an enjoyable time.
Chris, Jane and Renee
- Nice, quiet spot. Thank you Doug and Ina.
- We thoroughly enjoyed our time at your delightful cottage. We'll be back again.
Dorothy & Peter, Wantirna
- We spent a lovely weekend for MotoGP. Pity Valentino didn't win!!! But this spot is super!! Thanks.
Letria & Mirco, Italy
- What bliss!! To arrive to this dear little cottage and feel all our worries dissolve. Thanks for sharing your piece of heaven on earth.
Mavis & Stewart, Wantirna
- We had a lovely time during our stay and your lovely little cottage made it even more unforgettable. Definitely stay here if we come back. Thanks
Carl & Vindy, Melbourne
- A very pleasant time was spent on the beautiful Island. Thank you. Very enjoyable.
Joy & Carol, Melbourne
- What a lovely little spot to be and so clean! relaxing and peaceful.
Faye & Leanne, Melbourne
- Lovely silent corner at the Eden we lived in for a short while! Will be coming back soon, we hope.
Reza, Sepid and Aban, Melbourne
- Very relaxing getaway.Thank you.
Sue & Anthony, Melbourne
- Very relaxing in between Christmas celebrations! Lovely garden too.Thank you.
- Lovely cottage and garden. Thank you.
- We had a relaxing time here. Lovely walks on the beach ... really appreciated the garden. Thank you for your friendly welcome. God bless you as you continue to show kindly hospitality in His name.
Marion & Don, Melbourne
- Thank you - cute & comfy cottage with all we needed for a great weekend away. Great standards of cleanliness too. Attention to detail was awesome.
Joe & Ori, Melbourne
- We enjoyed our stay in your lovely cottage. You have thought about every single thing to make our stay wonderful. We will definitely recommend you. Thank you very much.
Sepalie, Kamila, Methel & Methmi, Melbourne
- Thank you Doug. We had a very relaxing week. Slept in a lot and visited most places around the Island & went as far as Inverloch. Loved the Blue Wrens and the little bunny in the garden.
Wal & Marilyn, Melbourne
- Our first holiday in five years. Thank you so much for your kindness and company. We have really enjoyed re-connecting with each other.
PS: This place is so beautifully looked after you must clean it in your sleep.
Tania, Lauren & Jared, Melbourne
- We had a fantastic time staying at the cottage. We could not be made to feel more welcome and Doug and Ina provided a cot for our son. We would highly recommend the stay to others.
Bruce, Sharon & Jacob, Perth
- Thank you for a lovely stay. The accommodation was lovely, so clean and tidy. Your hospitality was great and we had great fun exploring the island. We will definitely recommend you!
Chris, Julia & Max, Melbourne
- Thank you very much Doug for your thoughtful arrangements for Lukas and the beautiful place! Hope we can come back some day! Best wishes.
Anne, Lukas & Martin, Canada
- What a superb cozy, wee 'bach' (in my lingo); lovely stay thank you.
Christine, Melbourne (& NZ)
- Thank you Doug & Ina for an absolutely lovely place to stay. Will be back.
Wayne & Jo, Melbourne
- Congratulations Doug and Ina on your "attention to detail". A very relaxing, enjoyable stay on P. I.
Hazel & John, Sunbury
- Thanks for the use of your cottage. It worked really well for us. A great reflective time. And we enjoyed the island very much.
Kerrie & Charles, Queenscliff
- Thanks to you and Ina. We had a great time. Did a lot of walking and sight seeing. We will pass the word around re. your cottage. It's a beautiful place.
Sukanthi & Senaka, Melbourne
- Thank you for a lovely stay! Very relaxing.
Tania, Aiden, Sienna & Oliver, Melbourne
- As usual we had a great time on Phillip Island and thank you for your hospitality which made our weekend all the more enjoyable. We look forward to our next weekend on the Island.
Peter, Peter & Dave, Canberra
- Thank you for a wonderful stay Doug and Ina. We loved it!
Alli & Steve, Melbourne
- Great place! Thank you for having me.
- Thank you for a very nice holiday. It was a great 86th birthday.
Glenda & Hazel, Darwin & Melbourne
- We had a lovely stay. Thank you!! Your house is beautiful and we'd recommend to anyone to stay there.
- We had a peaceful and relaxing stay. Thank you so much!
Herbert and family, Melbourne
- Great place to wind down and prepare for a challenging journey. Thank you Doug and Ina.
Peter & Carmel, Vincentia, NSW
- What a wonderful start to the new year. Thank you Doug & Ina, for your welcoming smile and hospitality made our stay enjoyable. Your beautiful landscaped garden and a great cottage retreat was perfectly suited to our family of 3. Thank you kindly.
Tony, Fotina & Danielle, Melbourne
- I had such a fantastic weekend. The cottage is perfect. We will be back and will recommend it to friends.
- As always we loved staying at Summerhays and a big thanks again.
Andrew & Delma, Sydney
- Thanks. God Bless.
Shen family, Melbourne
- Spent a pleasant four days in quirky Summerhays Cottage exploring the delights of Phillip Island. Friendly, welcoming hosts, perfect little cottage in idyllic garden setting
Paul, Janet, Belfast, and grandson Jarrah, Melbourne
- Thanks. Everything for our comfort and more.
Janice & Paul, Melbourne
- Thank you for great accommodation. We had a great weekend, weather and all...the cottage is very cleverly set up, we appreciate the effort put into it...pretty sure we'll be back some time in the future.
Snez & Vel, Melbourne
- Thank you for being so helpful and for your lovely cottage, beautiful garden and time of relaxation. Many thanks! Loved our little visitor in the secret garden too. Laura loved the Chocolate Factory too! Thanks for a warm welcome and for making us feel at home right throughout our visit. We've thoroughly enjoyed our time here and will be in touch next time we visit the Island.
Colin, Amanda & Laura, Tarneit
- We enjoyed Christmas holiday with lovely cottage. Comfortable & peaceful & relaxed. We'd never forget this lovely garden.
Sung Jin & Julie, Melbourne
- A lovely cottage - we enjoyed our time here and return home refreshed. Great weather, great area - Many thanks!
Janet & Arthur, Melbourne