Summerhays Cottage, Cape Woolamai, Phillip Island, Australia, offers self-contained motel style accommodation in a spacious cottage bordered by a tranquil garden with a large deck area. It is close to beaches, nature walks, Churchill Island, San Remo, Newhaven, Rhyll, Cowes and many other sites and activities. Perfect for two adults.
Cape Woolamai is a small and quiet residential area right beside the exit from the bridge onto the island. No need to go any further. It is close to many of Phillip Island's best features including, Cape Woolamai walks, quiet inlet beaches, one of the world's best surf beaches, historic Churchill Island, San Remo fishing village and more.
Phillip Island is a world class holiday island with a coastline featuring every type of of beach from peaceful bay beaches to wild ocean cliffs. It is renown for its nature parks, history, surfing, fishing and bush walking. There are lots of places to eat out, from corner take away to fine dining with ocean views.
A charming cottage with bedroom area, kitchenette, separate bathroom/toilet, separate sitting room, several deck areas, BBQ, separate laundry and a delightful, shady garden.
Summerhays Cottage is central for swimming, surfing, fishing, boating, walking, exploring, shopping, or just reading and relaxing in the garden.
- Bedroom area
- Queen bed with side tables and lamps
- Single bed
- All bed linen, pillows etc.
- Reverse cycle airconditioning
- Additional fan & heater
- Table & chairs for 2 or 3
- Fridge, sink, dish washing materials, tea towel & hand towel
- Electric jug, toaster, microwave, sandwich maker
- Crockery, cutlery, glasses etc.
- Tea, coffee, sugar - byo food
- Bathroom area
- Towels - byo toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Sitting room
- Free to air digital TV (not Foxtel etc.) and DVD player.
- Coffee table
- Variety of deck furniture
- Laundry with washing machine, pegs, brooms etc.
To help us keep Summerhays Cottage as you would like to find it, we ask that:
- 3 minutes walk from safety beaches
- 4 minutes walk from local shops
- 10 minutes walk from the Chocolate Factory & Phillip Island Tourist Information Centre
- 5 minutes drive from Cape Woolamai surf beaches and nature walks
- 5 minutes drive, or 30-45 minutes walk, from Churchill Island, Newhaven & San Remo
- 15 - 20 minutes drive in one direction to Wonthaggi and in the other direction to anywhere on the island.
- You are fully vaccinated against COVID19.
- You don't smoke anywhere on the property.
- You don't bring any pets.
- You are respectful of our neighbours' right to a quiet night's sleep.
- You place your rubbish in the bins.
- Peak Season
Monday prior to Motorcycle GP weekend through to Sunday after Easter.
- Peak 21/22
Monday 18/10/2021 to Sunday 24/04/2022
- Peak 22/23
Monday 10/10/2022 to Sunday 16/04/2023
- Minimum stay two nights. Total paid in advance by EFT or cheque.
- A bond may be required in some circumstances.
- We reserve the right to change prices, details and information at any time without notice.
- Payment implies acceptance of our terms and conditions.
- Directions and access details will be emailed on receipt of payment.
- Rates shown are for 2 adults.
- First 2 nights - $320, additional nights - $90, 7 nights - $680
- First 2 nights - $240, additional nights - $80, 7 nights - $560
Your host & hostess:
Thank you for a lovely stay.
Tamer & Amila, Melbourne
Short and sweet stay. Thank you.
Miranda & Tiaan, Melbourne
Beautiful accommodation - clean, relaxing. Certainly recommend it to others.
Maree & Tony, Melbourne
Thanks for hosting us. We had a wonderful stay. Happy New Year! Have a great 2022!
Jenny & Stephano, Melbourne
A perfect little spot for a quiet weekend in this special part of Victoria. Many thanks.
Peter & Penny, Melbourne
Thank you. We had a great time.
Amy & Harris, Brisbane
Great place. Thanks a bundle!
Tim and Mahnya, Melbourne
Thank you Doug and Ina. You are very welcoming. It was a beautiful, calming cottage. We had a great time.
Nourin, Shahab and Soren, Melbourne
Thank you so much for such a lovely holiday home. We hope to come back again soon. Appreciated all of your thoughtful ideas and preparation.
Rachel, Yi, Maia and Edwin, Melbourne
Thank you for a wonderful stay. Just what I was looking for.
Extremely clean, well-maintained, and comfortable place to stay for a couple.
Veronica & Liam, Melbourne
Thank you so much for a lovely stay in your beautiful home.
Prem & Louise, Melbourne
Thanks for the stay. We really enjoyed using it as a base whilst we explored the Island.
Narelle & Daniel, Melbourne
Was a lovely place for my husband and I to stay.
Jesse & Danielle, Melbourne
A beautiful little place! Thank you so much for your kindness during our stay!
Stephanie, Xavier & Abi, Melbourne
A wonderful trip to Phillip Island made better by the outstanding hospitality. The cottage was perfect for our little family of 3 (portacot fitted well). Very friendly hosts and great location, close to kid friendly beach and other popular attractions. Can't wait until our return visit!
Bec & Jeffrie, Bendigo
A very memorable stay. Lovely place. All the best in 2021. See you again soon.
Ross & Lalleh, Melbourne
It's an awesome place. Thank you for the warm & cosy cottage. We totally enjoyed our short stay here. We will see you again.
Aaron & Drizzela, Melbourne
Thanks for the lovely stay. Beautiful cottage!
Mary & Aurélie, Melbourne
Lovely clean nice cottage. Thanks Doug - the best!
Sumith & Kwandee, Melbourne
We had an amazing weekend at your beautiful cottage. It provided everything we need and had a good range of movies.
Pascale & Sarah, Melbourne
Lovely spot - great people - see you again soon...
Ben & Kellie, Melbourne
Thank you so much for having us! What amazing accommodation!
Tim, Maya & Emilia, Melbourne
Thank you very much for an excellent stay. The cottage is so beautiful and very relaxing. We can't wait to be back.
Shona & Dani, Melbourne
Thanks for a lovely stay. Beautiful place.
Sally & Russell, Melbourne
Perfect little place for a mini getaway. Cape Woolamai is stunning and we highly recommend Doug's place as a base for anyone wanting to explore the island.
Kathleen & Gav, Melbourne
Thank you very much. Easy, clear instructions. Everything you need and clean, good quality facilities! Had a great stay for the Superbikes.
Thank you for the beautiful weather, clean, well presented cottage and suggested beach walk. Will return!! Many thanks Doug and Ina - best hosts!!
Daniela & Jill, Melbourne
Had an amazing time visiting Phillip Island and exploring. Thanks for being incredible hosts - we'll be back.
Jules & Scott, Melbourne
Had a wonderful time here on Phillip Island and staying in the cottage. Thanks for the hospitality.
Andrew & Melissa, Melbourne
Thanks for a lovely getaway in the cottage. Doug & Ina are very welcoming and kind hosts.
Em & Will, Melbourne
We really had a wonderful time in Phillip Is. The cottage is delightful. Thank you very much. Happy New Year! 2020
Paul, Marli, Lydia & Danielle, Melbourne
- Thanks very much Doug & Ina. We had a lovely Christmas in your cottage. Your hospitality was amazing. Look forward to returning.
Linda, Adam & Finn, Melbourne
- Thank you for your hospitality. We enjoyed our stay at your place. Everything was perfect.
Ryoko & Vincent, Sydney
- The photos under represent your cottage, but the recommendations certainly do not. What a lovely hidden gem and such welcoming words. Thank you.
- Thank you for having us for a wonderful weekend away. Looking forward to our next visit.
Steven & Alana, Melbourne
- Thank you for your kind hospitality. The cottage was lovely and clean. You were both very welcoming and we had a great time!
Kah Lipp & Myriam, Melbourne
- Beautifully presented. Had a wonderful week.
Judy & Bob, Mansfield
- I wish everyone has a host like Doug and Ina.
Asma & Kumbar, Melbourne
- Thank you Doug & Ina you were very welcoming.
The cottage was clean and comfy.
Elmira & Iman, Melbourne
- Thank you for welcoming us. Very quiet, relaxing, very clean cottage. (Thank you for the Bible for our daily devotions.)
Seni & Ani, Melbourne
- Thank you Ina and Doug for your welcoming hospitality. A very nice and central place to stay.
Bill, Ryan, Yeresha, Sydney
- We spent a short family holiday exploring Phillip Island and Doug's place was the ideal location for us to stay. The accommodation itself was very tidy and clean and Doug was a wonderful host.
Bridget, Elizabeth & Sean, Ballarat
- Thank you for the hospitality!! We have had a lovely time at the cosy and beautiful little cottage!
Mary, Adriana and Joel, Brazil
- Doug is a nice attentive host. Nice place to stay and relax. He helps when he can.
Matthew and Joe, Melbourne
- I've stayed in a lot of Airbnbs and I can honestly say this is one of the best! The place was absolutely spotless and the garden was a beautiful nice surprise - a delight. Not to mention the amazing hospitality from Doug and his beautiful wife Ina. You won't regret choosing this place for your next holiday! Thanks again Doug, it was an absolute pleasure.
Magida and friends, Melbourne
- If we ever get back to Phillip Island this is the only place we want to stay! The use of your laundry room was an added bonus, thanks.
Graham and Bev, United Kingdom
- Summerhays cottage was a perfect place to stay for our anniversary weekend. Close enough to explore the rest of Philip Island and very neat and comfortable.
Angelique & James, Outer Melbourne
- This place was fantastic. It was immaculate and beautifully laid out. Doug was a wonderful host.
Xavier & Sarah, Melbourne/Canberra
- Perfect little cottage for our relaxing getway. We had a great time! Thank you for being so kind and welcoming.
Jasmine, Ryan & Lucy, Outer Melbourne
- Thank you. We really enjoyed your peaceful little cottage. A great place to relax and get away from the mob.
Jill & Phillip, Western Victoria
- Had a great time on the island. Cottage was comfy and clean and the hosts lovely and welcoming.
John & Argelia, Melbourne
- Thank you Doug and Ina for a lovely stay at Summerhays Cottage. We really loved our stay in this lovely place.
Christie & Ben, Melbourne
- Thanks for your welcome! We have had a lovely time at Summerhays Cottage.
Sue & Steve, Adelaide
- We enjoyed our stay. Lovely, clean cottage. They could not have made us feel more welcome. Thanks.
Karen, Stephen & Abby, Melbourne
- Great place. Cozy and clean. Thank you so much.
Dan & Tyler, Melbourne
- Lovely, clean cottage with everything provided. Thanks Ina & Doug.
Renate & David, Melbourne
- We wanted to say thank you for the opportunity you have given us to stay in your lovely cottage. We enjoyed our stay. Dear Ina and Doug thanks for everything.
Slobodan & Darinka, Melbourne
- Loved the peaceful garden setting. Thanks Doug & Ina. A very pleasant stay. Everything we needed.
Valerie & Gary, England
- Just wanted to say thank you so much for our lovely stay in your beautiful cottage. Your thorough information and attention to detail made for a very comfortable and pleasant weekend.
Tracy & Hugh, Point Lonsdale
- The place is really clean and Doug is a great host. Only thing is that we live in their backyard and need to walk past their house as we get in, so there wasn't as much privacy as we would've loved. Also to note there is no wifi, but if you are here purely for a weekend away from the hustle and bustle of city life, then this is perfect.
Kerr Kay & Ming, Melbourne
- Thank you Doug & Ina. A perfect little cottage, beautifully decorated! We thoroughly enjoyed our little break away. Highly recommended. Loved the peaceful garden setting.
Robyn & Glenda, Melbourne
- Thank you for a lovely time. Very accommodating! Will recommend and hopefully return soon. Thank you very much : )
Stefani & Adrian, Cheltenham
- We had a fantastic time staying at the cottage. Lovely walks on the 'island'. Thank you.
Jenny & Steve, Lysterfield
- Comfortable and very organised with good attention to detail. Made everything very easy. Location near shops and to amazing beaches.
Jack, Sylvania, NSW
- Thank you for a wonderful place to relax, tune out and enjoy. What a blessing.
Sue & Max, Langwarrin
- Had a lovely stay. Your little cottage is perfect, hopefully we will be back.
John & Anne, Wagga Wagga
- A superb and sublime place for respite. Thank you.
- Thank you for a comfortable, relaxing and very welcoming stay. God bless you!
Caleb, Zvaka & Joni, Melbourne
- Thank you for having us Doug. We had a wonderful time. Take care.
- Thank you Doug and Ina for a wonderful stay in your little cottage - it was perfect!
Jordan & Fraser, Melbourne
- Doug and Ina with our thanks for a quiet time in such a lovely setting, thoughtfully planned.
Alison & David, Melbourne
- Thank you Doug and Ina for a wonderful stay and for making us feel so welcome. We've loved our weekend away from the big smoke. The cottage is perfect. You were very thoughtful with toys and change mat for Mia - made us feel very at home. Wonderful. THANKS.
Murray, Emily & Mia, Melbourne
- My friend and I had a great time on the Island over the weekend and found the cottage great for what we needed. The weather was not so good, but being at the MotoGP was a treat.
- Thank you for having us. We had a lovely weekend and enjoyed our stay in your cottage.
Margaret & Ray, Warragul
- Thank you so much! We had a wonderful time! We will come again.
Lynda, Toby, Rebecca & James
- Thanks to you and Ina for providing a great base for our weekend.
Paul & Jenni, Brighton
- We all had an enjoyable stay. Thanks again for making it an enjoyable time.
Chris, Jane and Renee
- Nice, quiet spot. Thank you Doug and Ina.
- We thoroughly enjoyed our time at your delightful cottage. We'll be back again.
Dorothy & Peter, Wantirna
- We spent a lovely weekend for MotoGP. Pity Valentino didn't win!!! But this spot is super!! Thanks.
Letria & Mirco, Italy
- What bliss!! To arrive to this dear little cottage and feel all our worries dissolve. Thanks for sharing your piece of heaven on earth.
Mavis & Stewart, Wantirna
- We had a lovely time during our stay and your lovely little cottage made it even more unforgettable. Definitely stay here if we come back. Thanks
Carl & Vindy, Melbourne
- A very pleasant time was spent on the beautiful Island. Thank you. Very enjoyable.
Joy & Carol, Melbourne
- What a lovely little spot to be and so clean! relaxing and peaceful.
Faye & Leanne, Melbourne
- Lovely silent corner at the Eden we lived in for a short while! Will be coming back soon, we hope.
Reza, Sepid and Aban, Melbourne
- Very relaxing getaway.Thank you.
Sue & Anthony, Melbourne
- Very relaxing in between Christmas celebrations! Lovely garden too.Thank you.
- Lovely cottage and garden. Thank you.
- We had a relaxing time here. Lovely walks on the beach ... really appreciated the garden. Thank you for your friendly welcome. God bless you as you continue to show kindly hospitality in His name.
Marion & Don, Melbourne
- Thank you - cute & comfy cottage with all we needed for a great weekend away. Great standards of cleanliness too. Attention to detail was awesome.
Joe & Ori, Melbourne
- We enjoyed our stay in your lovely cottage. You have thought about every single thing to make our stay wonderful. We will definitely recommend you. Thank you very much.
Sepalie, Kamila, Methel & Methmi, Melbourne
- Thank you Doug. We had a very relaxing week. Slept in a lot and visited most places around the Island & went as far as Inverloch. Loved the Blue Wrens and the little bunny in the garden.
Wal & Marilyn, Melbourne
- Our first holiday in five years. Thank you so much for your kindness and company. We have really enjoyed re-connecting with each other.
PS: This place is so beautifully looked after you must clean it in your sleep.
Tania, Lauren & Jared, Melbourne
- We had a fantastic time staying at the cottage. We could not be made to feel more welcome and Doug and Ina provided a cot for our son. We would highly recommend the stay to others.
Bruce, Sharon & Jacob, Perth
- Thank you for a lovely stay. The accommodation was lovely, so clean and tidy. Your hospitality was great and we had great fun exploring the island. We will definitely recommend you!
Chris, Julia & Max, Melbourne
- Thank you very much Doug for your thoughtful arrangements for Lukas and the beautiful place! Hope we can come back some day! Best wishes.
Anne, Lukas & Martin, Canada
- What a superb cozy, wee 'bach' (in my lingo); lovely stay thank you.
Christine, Melbourne (& NZ)
- Thank you Doug & Ina for an absolutely lovely place to stay. Will be back.
Wayne & Jo, Melbourne
- Congratulations Doug and Ina on your "attention to detail". A very relaxing, enjoyable stay on P. I.
Hazel & John, Sunbury
- Thanks for the use of your cottage. It worked really well for us. A great reflective time. And we enjoyed the island very much.
Kerrie & Charles, Queenscliff
- Thanks to you and Ina. We had a great time. Did a lot of walking and sight seeing. We will pass the word around re. your cottage. It's a beautiful place.
Sukanthi & Senaka, Melbourne
- Thank you for a lovely stay! Very relaxing.
Tania, Aiden, Sienna & Oliver, Melbourne
- As usual we had a great time on Phillip Island and thank you for your hospitality which made our weekend all the more enjoyable. We look forward to our next weekend on the Island.
Peter, Peter & Dave, Canberra
- Thank you for a wonderful stay Doug and Ina. We loved it!
Alli & Steve, Melbourne
- Great place! Thank you for having me.
- Thank you for a very nice holiday. It was a great 86th birthday.
Glenda & Hazel, Darwin & Melbourne
- We had a lovely stay. Thank you!! Your house is beautiful and we'd recommend to anyone to stay there.
- We had a peaceful and relaxing stay. Thank you so much!
Herbert and family, Melbourne
- Great place to wind down and prepare for a challenging journey. Thank you Doug and Ina.
Peter & Carmel, Vincentia, NSW
- What a wonderful start to the new year. Thank you Doug & Ina, for your welcoming smile and hospitality made our stay enjoyable. Your beautiful landscaped garden and a great cottage retreat was perfectly suited to our family of 3. Thank you kindly.
Tony, Fotina & Danielle, Melbourne
- I had such a fantastic weekend. The cottage is perfect. We will be back and will recommend it to friends.
- As always we loved staying at Summerhays and a big thanks again.
Andrew & Delma, Sydney
- Thanks. God Bless.
Shen family, Melbourne
- Spent a pleasant four days in quirky Summerhays Cottage exploring the delights of Phillip Island. Friendly, welcoming hosts, perfect little cottage in idyllic garden setting
Paul, Janet, Belfast, and grandson Jarrah, Melbourne
- Thanks. Everything for our comfort and more.
Janice & Paul, Melbourne
- Thank you for great accommodation. We had a great weekend, weather and all...the cottage is very cleverly set up, we appreciate the effort put into it...pretty sure we'll be back some time in the future.
Snez & Vel, Melbourne
- Thank you for being so helpful and for your lovely cottage, beautiful garden and time of relaxation. Many thanks! Loved our little visitor in the secret garden too. Laura loved the Chocolate Factory too! Thanks for a warm welcome and for making us feel at home right throughout our visit. We've thoroughly enjoyed our time here and will be in touch next time we visit the Island.
Colin, Amanda & Laura, Tarneit
- We enjoyed Christmas holiday with lovely cottage. Comfortable & peaceful & relaxed. We'd never forget this lovely garden.
Sung Jin & Julie, Melbourne
- A lovely cottage - we enjoyed our time here and return home refreshed. Great weather, great area - Many thanks!
Janet & Arthur, Melbourne
Phillip Island is around 100 kilometres south-east of Melbourne. In non-peak times the drive from Melbourne airport, following freeway most of the way, takes about 100 minutes. Melways shows Phillip Island on Maps 231-234. Map 234 shows Cape Woolamai in detail.
|Stories from Summerhays Cottage
-where to go, what to do and more-
Read our stories about Phillip Island's special places & special moments
Read our travel stories on Black Douglas
Summerhays Cottage is listed on these sites: